Altec Lansing AVS300 PC speaker  » Hardware  »
  • The one I bought is Altec Lansing AVS300, and it comes with one year warranty
  • Since I like black, I chose the black one

• by jofeli

Altec is known as the most popular speaker manufacturer here in Asia. This is the main reason I purchased this Altec product. The one I bought is Altec Lansing AVS300, and it comes with one year warranty.

The speaker system consists of one unit subwoofer and two satellites, whole power supply 17 Watts. It is supplied with an adapter to plug for electric connection. The speaker has stylish design, with two available colors to choose from: white and black. Since I like black, I chose the black one. To navigate the speaker, this speaker is equipped with volume

control on the subwoofer and the right satellite. Moreover, on the right satellite there are additional power button (on/off) and light indicator.

Another good thing is that it is using a magnetic shield technology. This technology enables the monitor resist against magnetic objects near it. In other words, the speaker in some ways protects the monitor from radiation from magnetic objects (in this case is the speaker itself). You should be wise enough as to know which speaker has this technology.

I set the equalizer on WinAmp; making the balance between bass and treble. The sound is so ...

• stunning; treble and bass shake my ears. Even when I set the volume high, the sound is not dispersed at all. Not only the sound is tremendous in WinAmp (for listening to music; CDs and MP3s), but also in movies sounds. It’s like having my own home theatre!

The two small satellites are made easy to be put anywhere, but the subwoofer is a little big and that makes a bit difficult to place. Also, there are so many connecting cables and that makes it a little messy so I must arrange them using some cable ties to

make them looks neat. Besides, it has no port for headset. It’s too bad since I like listening music through headset; because sometimes I just don’t want to disturb my husband when he is sleeping. And I personally think that this would be better if there are some bass and volume controls on the unit so that we don’t have to set it on the computer display.

Compared to my old computer speaker, this speaker, Altec Lansing AVS300 is far more kicking and long-lasting. Two thumbs up for Altec because they can make incredible speakers with inexpensive price. Astonishing performance!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 331109466490130/k2311a0911/9.11.08