Melatonin  » Medicine  »
  • I know personally if I do not take Melatonin I often times have a difficult time going to sleep
  • I would recommend melatonin for those who have difficulty falling asleep

• by snowy

I use Melatonin to help me sleep at night. Melatonin is a naturally occuring substance in the body. As we age our bodies produce less of this substance.

That is why so many people have age related problems with sleep. I know personally if I do not take Melatonin I often times have a difficult time

going to sleep.

Melatonin comes in 1mg, 3mg and 5mg capsules. It is available at drugstores as well as, the “Big Box stores; Target, Walmart etc.

I find Melatonin to be a very effective sleep aid and one that works for me. I would recommend melatonin for those who have difficulty falling asleep.

It ...

• is non habit forming and in the morning you will wake up feeling refreshed as opposed to groggy, which can happen with other types of sleep aids. I have been using Melatonin for several years.

I do find that I often need to purchase the 3 or 5 mg. pills as opposed to

the 1 mg.

but I often will try to take it about one half hour before bedtime. This is the recommended time to take it.

Valerian is another sleep aid that is effective,however studies have shown that melatonin is effective in clinical studies as a sleep aid. I would highly recommend this substance for people who have sleep difficulties.

Melatonin

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261109466331230/k2311a0911/9.11.08