Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World  » Movies  »
  • The Far Side of the World is, in my opinion, the best sea faring movie ever made
  • That is a very bold statement but that shows how much I thought of Master and Commander
  • Russell Crowe didn't give the only good performance, everyone in the movie was very solid, even the child actors who I usually have a problem with in movies
  • I like how they use the wide shots to show you the whole battle instead of just close up shots of two guys fighting

• by Artie17

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World is, in my opinion, the best sea faring movie ever made. That is a very bold statement but that shows how much I thought of Master and Commander.

I was shocked by how accurate the history was in the movie.

I was also surprised at how

great Russell Crowe was in his leading role.

Russell Crowe didn’t give the only good performance, everyone in the movie was very solid, even the child actors who I usually have a problem with in movies.

The story is very good and based on a book.

I have not read the book but can feel ...

• that the director stayed true to it because the story was genuinely great and has a great ending.

While watching the movie you FEEL like you are in the 1800s.

Most movies aren’t able to capture this and this movie did a great job of engrossing you into its world.

The battle sequences are very

good.

I like how they use the wide shots to show you the whole battle instead of just close up shots of two guys fighting.

Finally, I loved the battle of the brains as it were between the British and the French that is shown throughout the whole movie.

So, definitely a must see in my book.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111109466281230/k2311a0911/9.11.08