War of the Worlds
  • Besides one flaw at the very end of the movie, I thought the movie overall was actually brilliant
  • I don't want to give it away but let's just say that these last few frames keep this from being a classic in my opinion

• by Artie17

I will be talking about the 2005 remake of War of the Worlds starring Tom Cruise. Now the movie is critically acclaimed to be a somewhat terrible movie. Besides one flaw at the very end of the movie, I thought the movie overall was actually brilliant.

I thought that Speilberg did a great job keeping true to original

story told my H. G.

Wells. The directing and cinematography are both great and you can thank Mr.

Speilberg once again for that. Those are both things he always nails and this movie is no exception.

The acting is superb. Tom Cruise gets a lot of hate from a lot of people but you can’t deny that he ...

• is a great actor and that he is great in this movie.

The special effects, as you can imagine, are top notch. Some of the sequences look so realistic that it sends a chill down your spine and the special effects only enhance these moments.

The isn’t a spoof alien movie like an Independence Day. The movie

is very cold and dark and you really get the feeling that this isn’t going to work out for anybody in the end.

Now, my only complaint happens in the last few minutes of the movie. I don’t want to give it away but let’s just say that these last few frames keep this from being a classic in my opinion.

War of the Worlds

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111109466251230/k2311a0911/9.11.08