Aroma ARC7031G 6-Cup Rice Cooker and Food Steamer
  • I love making rice buns, beef dumplings and steamed fish with it
  • There was one time when I decided to try using this thing as a slow cooker

• by lipsticknladdles

I got this Aroma ARC7031G 6-Cup Rice Cooker and Food Steamer as a gift from my husband. My old rice cooker works just fine but it is huge for our kitchen. So there, my husband gave me this in response to my demand to have a cooker that would fit my kitchen countertop.

I have been using it for 9 months now and its not giving me any headaches at

all. It is working perfectly fine.

With the right rice to water ratio, it cooks fast and just the way I want my rice to be. I often use jasmine rice with it.

Sometimes rice sticks at the bottom of the pot but by just letting it soak for an hour, cleaning up is easy. I also love the steamer part of this thing.

You just have to use the ...

• steamer insert and voila, an instant steamer. I love making rice buns, beef dumplings and steamed fish with it.

There was one time when I decided to try using this thing as a slow cooker. I made a brownie dessert that I saw from Sandra Lee’s show.

To my surprise, it turned out good. From that time on, I realized that I got 3 gifts in one- a rice cooker,

a steamer and a slow cooker.

And also, I use it 3 times a week and I never notice any significant increase in my electric bill, meaning this cookware is not an energy monster. With the size, the weight, the easy clean up and the purposefulness of this thing, I could not ask for more.

I am hoping that in the coming months I will be able to test its durability.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531109466061230/k2311a0911/9.11.08