Arm & Hammer Essentials Cat Litter  » Pets  »
  • The price was a little bit higher than my regular litter, but since my old litter wasn't doing the job I wanted it to, I decided to try something new

• by Jhen

Natural clumping, deodorizing cat litter

While browsing my local supermarket pet aisle looking for a hard clumping, deodorizing litter that would work better than the brand I’d been using, I spotted the familiar Arm & Hammer logo! What was that doing in the pet aisle? I had to pick it up and take a closer look.

It was cat litter! The bag was about the size of a 20 lb. bag of other cat

litter, but it weighed only about 10 lbs. The label said “natural biodegradable corn fibers”. I liked that. The price was a little bit higher than my regular litter, but since my old litter wasn’t doing the job I wanted it to, I decided to try something new. I’m glad I did.

Arm & Hammer Essentials is made with natural biodegradable corn fibers and baking soda to eliminate odors. That’s not just hype, it really does ...

• the job. It is very lightweight and soft with a feel somewhat like sawdust. There’s no granular feel to it at all and my cat seems to really appreciate that.

The scent is light and fresh, no heavy perfume smell and it completely eliminates the waste odor. It’s very easy to scoop out the clumps and solid matter. The corn fibers form a much smaller, tighter clump than regular clay litter, so you throw

away less litter each time you clean the litter box. It is so effective at removing odors that if cleaning the litter box wasn’t part of my daily routine I might just forget to do it.

The researchers and manufacturers have come up with a product that addresses not only the health and well being of feline and human members of the household, but of the environment as well.

So far I haven’t found anything at all negative about this product.

Arm & Hammer Essentials Cat Litter
    andrea Naccarato says :

Hello, I have three cats, and my husband and I have bought a motorhome and have taken the kitties with us, my usual brand fresh step is horrible in the motorhome, dust everywhere. I have recently bought Essentials and I really like it. My question what percentage can I expect from dust? I am having to mix it with fresh step until the cats get used to it. I really need a litter that is dust free and tracks less. Please let me know which arm hammer litter would be the best. Thanks for you help.

Krystin says :

Andrea, I have done TONS of research on cat litter and the corn litter is 99 dust free which is amazing compared to the dusty clay litter.. so corn is definitely the way to go I recommend that or Feline Pine, though pine can be an allergen for some kitties Good luck

crystal says :

im curious which would be the best too. I only use fresh step because no other kills the odors as effectively. yes it is very dusty though.

Naomi says :

I would like to know where to purchase this product other than at WalMart, which is the only place so far I have seen it. I live in the 61701 zip code area.

Darren says :

If I’m correct, your zip code is in Bloomington,IL, then Target carries arm and hammer cat litter. Hope this helps.

Nancy Krah says :

Is it okay to add baking soda to Arm Hammer Essentials cat litter? I like the fact that the litter is organic and I don`t worry about Ellie getting it in her digestive tract like the clay types. But. . . there is always a urine smell in the room where the litter box is. I scoop every day. Any suggestions for minimizing odors? Thanks

crystal says :

I think it is absolutely fine to add the arm and hammer. I add it to mine. it makesw a big difference and it is perfectly safe for them.

Lara says :

We`ve only had the Arm Hammer Essentials natural clumping cat litter for 24 hour but I have notice a huge difference, we have one cat and two kittens so at the moment we have two litter boxes. The odour in our kitty room is I`d say 75% better than any other litter we have tried before, for our adult cat. I have never used a clumping cat litter on kittens, simply because it`s just not safe but, I am not concerned about using this product. I am happy because even when I took out the waste daily, the non-clumping cat litter stinks, then the cat`s stink and it makes it less appealing to snuggle them. I went to cuddle them today and they smelled much better also )

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291109465961230/k2311a0911/9.11.08