TNT Pizza, Holyoke, MA  » Restaurants  »
548 South Street, Holyoke, MA
  • I don't think that the cheese should overpower everything else
  • Either way, I don't like it, although some do
  • We will definitely order again, although we may stick with the grinders or try the hot wings or salads, which sound quite good

• by The Mad Reviewer

TNT is a new pizza shop on South Street in Holyoke, MA. I recently tried their pizza and grinders and have a mixed review.

I wanted to call my order in and bring it home to eat. Since I had never been there I did not have a menu. I searched for them on google and found their website. Although the site is not very attractive, it did have their complete menu with prices, so we were able to see our options and call in the order. The site does seem to allow online ordering, but I would not trust it based on the general disorganization of the entire site.

I called in the order and was told it would be ready in 20 minutes. I ordered a large pizza with hamburger, mushrooms and peppers and a large

chicken cutlet grinder. When I arrived the pizza was just being boxed and the grinder was already bagged. Service was very friendly, as we chatted while collecting my order and paying my bill.

I hadn’t realized that they had much of a dining room for customers to eat it, but it’s actually very nice. They also have two pool tables and it would be a nice place to have a meal and spend some time.

Both items were prepared correctly using the ingredients and toppings that I ordered. This sounds like a simple thing, but many pizza shops make mistakes in preparing orders, which is disappointing when you get your food home.

The grinder was good but not exceptional. The bread was fresh, as were the lettuce and tomatoes. The chicken was a generous portion and it was well ...

• cooked. The cheese was melted and the whole grinder was still warm when I unwrapped it in my kitchen.

The pizza got varied reviews from family members. Everyone liked the crust, which was relatively thin and baked to the correct level of doneness - not too soggy and not too crispy or hard. The toppings were sufficient and tastey.

TNT uses less cheese on their pizzas than most, which I generally like. It seems that most of the national chains have decided that the more cheese the better, even putting it in or on the crust. I don’t think that the cheese should overpower everything else. Use just enough to bind the other toppings and add a based flavor to the pizza. TNT shares that pizza philosophy and it makes for a better pizza.

The problem came

with the sauce. There wasn’t much of it, and it had a bitter taste. I don’t know if this flavor is intentional or if it is the result of inferior ingredients or preparation. Maybe this is the style of pizza that are trying to make or maybe it just comes out that way. Either way, I don’t like it, although some do. In our family, two people strongly disliked it, one liked it, and one was ambivalent.

Prices are reasonable and in line with other pizza shops in the area. Our large pizza and grinder came to about $25 and satisfied four large appetites.

Overall, we liked TNT Pizza, although opinions of the pizza varied dramatically. We will definitely order again, although we may stick with the grinders or try the hot wings or salads, which sound quite good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71109465471130/k2311a0911/9.11.08