Presto 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker  » Housewares  »
  • I expected one as a wedding present but no gave us, so my husband and I bought the Presto 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
  • If I remembered right, it just cost more or less $30 way back 2004
  • I can even cook straight from the freezer, how convenient is that
  • I think my Presto 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker will last a few more years

• by lipsticknladdles

I grew up in a household where pressure cooker is a must in the kitchen so I was never intimidated by it. When I became the manager of my own kitchen, I also felt the need for this specific cookware. I expected one as a wedding present but no gave us, so my husband and I bought the Presto 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker. If I remembered right, it just cost more or less $30 way back 2004.

I can testify that its worth every penny. I have been using mine for

4 years now and no parts have been replaced yet. It has a Heavy-duty 6-quart stainless steel multi-purpose pot,sturdy stay-cool black plastic handles, strong-lock lid with steam vent, pressure indicator and overpressure plug.

All parts worked to make cooking easy for the user. I particularly love using my presto pressure cooker in making stews. I just love how wonderful it works in making the meat fall off its bones.

No meat is too hard that this pressure cooker cannot tenderize. At times, I also love steaming fish thru this cooker.

• The food is able to retain most of its flavor and nutrients when cooked in this cooker.

With its thick, heavy bottom, heat is distributed evenly. The 6 quart pot is of the perfect size since I just cook for me & my husband. With occasional visitors, I don’t mind making batches when I cook, since everything is done in a flash when I use this pressure cooker.

I can even cook straight from the freezer, how convenient is that. I haven’t mentioned yet my most favorite attribute of all- it

will not open when it is still pressurized. Cleaning it up is easy too.

It fits in my dishwasher but I usually rinse it off first before entrusting it to the machine. When done, I wipe it dry, especially the outer part so I can retain its shine. I think my Presto 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker will last a few more years.

I recommend every household to own one. Just make sure you read the users manual for safe use, and oh, I think it has some cool recipes in there too.

Presto 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531109465441130/k2311a0911/9.11.08