QualityHostOnline  » Web sites  »
  • I bought a reseller account, which allowed me unlimited domains, reasonable disk space (50Mb) and bandwidth (3Gb/month)
  • Sometime it is a transitory problem that is corrected in a minute or two, other times it is down for hours or even a day
  • In my experience, QualityWebHost offers excellent, responsive customer service, with good reliability

• by The Mad Reviewer

I have been a web developer for 10 years, and I have tried several web hosting providers during that time. My search has ended now that I have been with QualityHostOnline.com.

About 3 years ago I needed hosting for a couple websites. The sites didn’t require anything unusual or complicated (no Coldfusion or other proprietary languages), just reliabe Linux hosting. I bought a reseller account, which allowed me unlimited domains, reasonable disk space (50Mb) and bandwidth (3Gb/month).

They use cPanel and WebHostManager, which are industry standard. That’s nice because I don’t have to learn a whole new system just to administer a few simple websites. So far, this is all pretty standard stuff. Let’s face it - web hosting is basically a commodity. Lot’s of companies offer essential the same product (your site on the web). The difference is service. How quickly

do they answer questions? Do they offer actual help?

I’ve had several opportunities to test their customer service. Initially I had technical questions about the server setup (how to access directories above the public web directory). I submitted my question using their trouble ticket system, and 2 hours later I had the answer I needed. Several months later I ordered a static IP address for one of my domains. It was set up the next day.

Recently I needed an SSL certificate installed for one of my sites. After shopping around I realized that I could buy it from QualityHostOnline and they would install it for me at no extra charge. The certificate was the same price I would have paid at GoDaddy and I didn’t have to waste my time installing it. I ordered it on a Wednesday and it was ...

• installed Thursday. If you’ve ever installed an SSL certificate you know what a pain it can be. There are several steps that are very easy to mess up (especially if you don’t do it often) and a mistake can invalidate your certificate, wasting your $30. I was very happy to leave it to the experts.

Of course customer service is important, but reliability and uptime are crucial. What good is a web hosting service if the servers are down all the time? During my 3 years with QualityHostOnline, we’ve had a few outages. A few hours a couple times a year the servers have been down for maintenance or due to technical problems (hardware failures and attacks). I suppose a certain amount of downtime is inevitable, and to their credit, they have always notified me several days in advance of

any scheduled downtime. You really can’t ask for any more than that.

On the downside, email service has had some problems. Occassionally, I cannot send email using my server. Sometime it is a transitory problem that is corrected in a minute or two, other times it is down for hours or even a day. This recently happened, due to a hardware failure we were told, and it was a major inconvenience. I’m actually not sure that we didn’t lose some incoming email during this incident.

In my experience, QualityWebHost offers excellent, responsive customer service, with good reliability. Their pricing is similar to other companies offering similar packages, but the overall value and experience that they provide is much better than the other hosting companies that I have worked with. I would feel confident recommending them to anyone looking for web hosting.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 201109465421130/k2311a0911/9.11.08