Google.com  » Web sites  »
  • Signing up was not a big problem, you needed a valid email address which I had at the time with Yahoo
  • I found that the email allowed me to store old emails
  • I like the gmail but I have had a problem with a bunch of my mail being wiped out without my authorisation

• by etambe01

Google.com happens to be the largest search engine in the internet right now and for a while I had totally ignored the fact that it was around. All the information that I had about google was about their two very wealthy co-founders.

I got to start using google when i wanted to start a personal blog. Advice that I had read from sources said that I should either go with blogger.com or with wordpress. I decided to go with blogger.com and that is how I started using the google search engine.To get into blogger you need to sign up for google. Signing up was not a big problem, you needed a valid email address which I had at the time with Yahoo.com.

The first part of google that i starting to use was the gmail, that is their

own verson of email. I found that the email allowed me to store old emails.With yahoo.com I always deleted most of the mails after reading them fearing that I would run out of space. Gmail does let you know that you have about 7000mb of space to use which is quite a lot. I do not think that I have done close to five megabits. There is a space for spam mail. This is the unwanted mail that you get and the program automatically filters it for you. I was suprise to find out that it trashes the spam mail for you after 30 days.

I like the gmail but I have had a problem with a bunch of my mail being wiped out without my authorisation. Uptil now I do not know how this happened.

• My guess is somebody got rid of the mail, I do not know why or how. My advice would be for you to be very careful with your password.Anyway I still like the email system.

The next part that I starting playing with was looking up information on google.com. It turns out that you can just about get every information that you need over at this site. From biographical information to the history of important personalities, everything is now available. You want to find out when the Dallas Cowboys or the Washington Redskins last won the superbowl, google it up and all the information is there for you. You want to find out what institution that Republican Presidential candidate attended in his younger days, google it up and it is right there.

There other areas that I have

just started to play with included the news section. Just like Yahoo.com, google has a huge section with up to date news information. This include information on business events, health,entertainment, sports and world news events.

There is an area for shopping. I was looking at it the other day and the item AA batteries came up. I imagine if you wanted to purchased some batteries you could get it also.

The section on getting directions I have not experimented with. I usually go with mapquest which has served me real well. I have read some review about getting directions using either mapquest or google and the general agreement seems to be that mapquest wins on this one.

With all the wonders of google.com,it does at times take time to load which is not the case with say yahoo.com

Google.com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 201109465111030/k2311a0911/9.11.08