Singapore Botanical garden  » Travel  »
Singapore
  • Since I love orchids, my favorite part of the garden is the national Orchid garden, which has thousands of orchids plants on display where exotic collections from Central and South Africa
  • So amazing, they are so dedicated to their work, and on taking care on their environment

• by vlimit

I always spend time going to parks here in our country; I had been to Mountainview Nature Park, and in other parks. Because of this, I make sure I won’t miss Singapore’s Botanical garden, which is open daily from 5am to 12midnight. This explains why, it’s a jogger and hikers’ spot. Admission is free for the botanical garden except for the National Orchid Garden, which has an admission fee of 5SGD and 1SGD for adults and children/seniors respectively.

Singapore Botanical Garden exemplifies the tropical island’s parks. Its

so wide and close to the center of the city. The garden as a whole showcases outstanding collections of orchid, plants from ginger family, plants of the so-called evolution garden, common or rare specimens alike.

Since I love orchids, my favorite part of the garden is the national Orchid garden, which has thousands of orchids plants on display where exotic collections from Central and South Africa. There is also a so-called VIP garden wherein rare orchid species were named after their VIP guests. One of the areas, which fascinated me, was the swan lake where swans freely swam on the lake. The swans are so friendly that you can even feed them.

What also nice with this park is that they make sure to provide enough accessibility for the disabled. Their entrance is very wide that makes it accessible to wheelchair and ambulant-disabled, there is a reserved car park lot for the disabled, lifts, there are public toilets for disabled where the door closes inward. There are toilets for disabled wherein there is a ...

• Singapore Botanical garden
      steep ramp at the door for wheelchairs. There are eating outlets, a public telephone, and a taxi stand. If you request for a taxi to pick you up, they provide such services.

The surroundings are so green, fresh and clean. You can breath fresh air. Such place really reminds me of a paradise. The place is so relaxing, so calm, solemn, and enables you to meditate on your life. Even if it’s a garden with trees and plants along the road or on the trails, yet, they were

able to maintain its cleanliness, it is well maintained. I had proven this, because when I went there it was raining so hard that dried leaves fell on the ground but the rain never stops the janitors to sweep the road off with dried leaves. So amazing, they are so dedicated to their work, and on taking care on their environment.

I felt happy and relaxed upon my visit on this Botanical garden. It’s a paradise within the City, it’s a break from the fast pace of urban living.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381109465091030/k2311a0911/9.11.08