Dryer Max Dryer Balls  » Housewares  »
2.5
  • About 4 months ago I bought the Dryer Max balls at Walmart for about ten dollars
  • After searching the internet for tips on how to use then it was suggested the cloths were in to long and that is why the balls got trapped in the pant legs, so I set my dryer for half the time and still have the same problem
  • I think they would be good for people who are allergic to fabric softeners or have skin that is sensitive to chemicals because they have no chemicals in them
  • Right now I am just keeping them around for when I run out of fabric sheets, so if you like really soft clothing this is not for you, also they don't add any fragrance, good for some people bad for others, I have found these balls to really be something for personal choice I am not happy with them, but my grandmother loves that they don't have fragrance and they cost a lot less for her because she no longer buys fabric sheets

• by leohorn

About 4 months ago I bought the Dryer Max balls at Walmart for about ten dollars. I was promised sightly fluffier towels but what got me was less drying time, and that of course means less energy used.

These are blue balls with little nubby things all over them supposedly to separate the fabric to make things dry properly and faster.

The first time I used them I lost them in pant legs and it took a normal amount of time to dry.

After searching the internet for tips on how to use then it was suggested the cloths were in to long and that is why the balls got trapped in the pant legs, so I set my dryer for half the time and still have the same problem.

It has also been suggested that the more balls (4 to 6) you have the better it works, but the package doesn’t say that and I hate to spend another ten to twenty dollars on ...

• something that may help.

What I did notice was my clothing was softer then when I hang it outside to dry, but not as soft as when I use dryer sheets.

I think they would be good for people who are allergic to fabric softeners or have skin that is sensitive to chemicals because they have no chemicals in them.

this is not for you, also they don’t add any fragrance, good for some people bad for others, I have found these balls to really be something for personal choice I am not happy with them, but my grandmother loves that they don’t have fragrance and they cost a lot less for her because she no longer buys fabric sheets.

She always bought the ones that were fragrance free anyway.

Hope my view helps when you are trying to decide if these are right for you.

mike esposito says :

Do the dryer balls go in as they are or do you need to soak them or add water?

Jules Li says :

You have to simply place them in the dryer as they are.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531009464930930/k2311a0910/9.10.08