InDesign  » Software  »
2.5
  • I was using JavaScript to automatize my workflows and I can tell you it was an amazing easy to learn and helped me to make most out of my valuable working time
  • I found that using JavaScript is the best way of overcome platform barriers between Mac and Windows version of InDesign
  • In my opinion if you also want to use Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Dreamweaver than I advice to purchase one of the software package available which meet your need either with an update possibility from earlier version of the product or from Photoshop
  • It has a great short learning curve and excellent help and Video Workshop and very-very simple I found to work with it

• by fefe

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I was using earlier InDesign CS, CS2 and now CS3. I was using it for doing typesetting works for over 16 different languages. I was amazed from the beginning on when I switched from QuarkXpress Passport 5 to InDesign CS.

This software has a very easy interface which is consistent with another Adobe Product like Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator etc. This makes easy to work with it if you already was working with another Adobe Product. But if you have never worked with any Adobe product yet it is still very easy to use. I got people sit down in front of InDesign and start making good layout quickly within minutes after reading the Help’s tutorial which takes 15-20 minute. By the way the only knowledge they had before is using Microsoft Word.

I also found useful the feautres and the working with it even tought it is not a perfect software,

but it provides far more tool to anyone making magazines, flyers, posters, banners, etc. than another non Adobe softwares.

I was using JavaScript to automatize my workflows and I can tell you it was an amazing easy to learn and helped me to make most out of my valuable working time. I found that using JavaScript is the best way of overcome platform barriers between Mac and Windows version of InDesign. Plus I could write most of my Script to use with CS, CS2 and CS3 too in another word I could write my script independent from the version and platform of InDesign.

It’s true however that not every script written in JavaScript on a particular version of InDesign can be run on another version. The only thing you need to decide is “Do I want to use new features of the version I have?”. If your answer is “No”, than you have the possibility to make script for all version.

Another thing I was using is its ability to deal with many different languages text like: French, German, Italian, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Russian, Polis, Latvian, Czech etc just to mention few. Indesign is able to handle many more due to its UTF-8 text encoding.

If you want to use Right to left languages than you have to use the Middle Eastern version of InDesign which is able to use actually any language not just the Right to left, but the left to right ones too.

If you are working with both type of languages I advice to purchase the Middle Eastern version from Winsoft.fr.

In my opinion if you also want to use Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Dreamweaver than I advice to purchase one of the software package available which meet your need either with an update possibility from earlier version of ...

• InDesign
      the product or from Photoshop. Adobe made it more cheap to buy it when you buy it as a package. You can save a lot of money by not buying individually each software but as a package.

Summarize all this: 1) if you want to make your magazine or banner or poster or any other document and already using Photoshop CS,CS2 or another earlier version of InDesign, but if you just want to make professional looking deisgns in InDesign or event interactive PDFs with menus etc, than InDesign as part of a Package is the right choice. 2) if you do not want to use other adobe product than InDesign or if you have an earlier version of InDesign, but want to make your work more efficient by using the new features exist in the latest InDesign you can buy ether the Update in case you have earlier version or the full

version of InDesign. 3) if you know that you will need to use another Adobe Product than see one of their package. 4) InDesign is a program you will not want to change once you start to make your first Layouts in it or your first magazine, poster, banner etc.

Since I start to use it I have a great confidence in its power and simplicity. Functions available in it are the ones one need for every days working in this field. I have not found myself to try to use another software for making magazines, posters, banners, than InDesign and other Adobe Product. It has a great short learning curve and excellent help and Video Workshop and very-very simple I found to work with it.

I can advice to anyone want to make professional looking designs with ease and fast.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 30909464370530/k2311a099/9.9.08