Mio C220 GPS  » Electronics  »
  • It was on clearance and it just cost us $99
  • What do I love about this navigation system

• by lipsticknladdles

Being the frequent traveler that we are, my husband and I got tired of relying on mapquest for direction. The hassle of searching and printing when you sum it all up may total to the amount of a fairly cheap GPS. So the day after last thanksgiving, we were able to get Mio C220.

It was on clearance and it just cost us $99. We have been traveling with this gadget ever since.

What do I love about this navigation system? Aside from

the low price, there are plenty of Mio C220 features that makes it a good buy. It is powered by a 400Mhz processor just like the other more expensive models.

Just like the more expensive brands, Mio C22 is preloaded with US Maps; has millions of points of interest including restaurants, parks, malls, etc; it has the touch screen feature and the voice guided turn by turn navigation. I also like the fact that it keeps tract of the cities and streets you’ve been ...

• and remembers them, so re-entry is much easier.

We are also amazed at how fast it loads its map animation. It is small and compact but with its screen size, the maps are still readable.

With this kind of design, you can bring it with you wherever you go. It is not permanently attached so we were able to use it when we went to Florida and made use of a rental car.

There are still a number of points that need improvement for

Mio C220 though. The glare on the screen when its sunny outside makes it barely readable.

You just have to trust the voice direction then. Also, a louder volume will make it even better.

When you put down your windows on a busy street, the turn by turn voice direction becomes difficult to hear. All in all, I can say that this navigation is system is simple, easy to use, reliable when it comes to giving accurate direction and is really inexpensive.

A very good travel companion.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16909464340430/k2311a099/9.9.08