All Saints Cafe in Tallahassee, FL  » Restaurants  »
903 Railroad Avenue Tallahassee, FL 32310
  • I like the feeling of being in a place where people are working, studying, thinking

• by Slyboots

I am a big proponent of local businesses, and All Saints Cafe is basically the definition of why local businesses are so great. Not only does the coffee shop on Railroad Avenue recycle money back into the community, but it offers a place for the community to meet.

It’s not really a restaurant, although it does offer what I’m told is good vegan fare. Not being a vegan, none of the food sounds appetizing to me, but I’m sure the frequenters of the hip All Saints neighborhood appreciate it. I wouldn’t

even limit the place by calling it a coffee shop, although I’m sure that is the way in which it makes most of its money, and the coffee they serve there is actually very good and reasonably priced. I’m a fan of the iced mocha with skim milk, but I’ve also had hot coffee and shakes and they were all good.

No, as I said before, All Saints is more of a community meeting place. What I most appreciate about it is that it is open 24 hours a day, seven ...

• days a week. And believe me, I’ve visited the shop at all times of the day and it always, always has at least a few people there. Even though people don’t go there explicitly to study, often people go there to hang out with their friends, it never gets so loud that you can’t study.

I usually go there to write papers or to read. I like the feeling of being in a place where people are working, studying, thinking. It’s kinda like being in a less formal library with great

coffee.

The furnishings are comfortable, if a little shabby, a mishmash of thrift store throwaways. But the place is still clean and decorated with art from local artists and silly found objects, newspaper clippings, and pictures. They also play more indie-type music without being pretentious. The other day I went in and they were playing old Chumbawumba.

Also, on the practical side, All Saints offers free WiFi, which is immensely helpful.

Overall, a great place to sit and have a coffee and talk. What more could you ask for? What more do you need?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7909463760330/k2311a099/9.9.08