Carousel Restaurant @ Royal Plaza on Scotts  » Restaurants  »
25 Scotts Road Singapore 228220
  • My sister had wanted to surprise her husband with the cake she bought for her husband
  • There was about 5-8 members of the staff to wish him happy birthday

• by Sydney Hazelton

It was my sister’s husband birthday. My sister is taking us to the new Carousel restaurant at Royal Plaza on Scotts hotel to celebrate. We were having the hi-tea buffet there.

This is one of the most popular restaurants in town. The restaurant used not to accept reservations for its hi-tea sessions. As a result they have long queues of customers waiting to get inside. Some have to leave disappointed. Now they have implemented a

new system which accepts phone-in reservations. This helps customers greatly as it ensures customers get a table in the restuarant without hassle.

Carousel is newly renovated. It comes with a new look and seems to be more spacious. There is a small pastry and cake shop at the front of the restaurant. That was where my my sister bought a cake for her husband.

We were seated as soon as the hi-tea session started. We ...

• immediately looked for food to eat. There was just so much food, serving international and local cuisine. There were starters, main dishes, fruits and desserts at the chocolate fountain. Carousel has such an extensive buffet spread food lovers will simply enjoy.

My sister had wanted to surprise her husband with the cake she bought for her husband. The staff brought it in with a special birthday song. There was about 5-8 members of the staff

to wish him happy birthday. It was very memorable.

I find the staff at Carousel very polite and cooperative. They will go the extra mile to make customers happy. At the end of the day, we could not finish the cake there and the staff offered for the leftovers to be taken home. She packed it in a lovely cake box. And we set off home with smiles on our faces. Thumbs up to Carousel!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7909463660330/k2311a099/9.9.08