Crowne Plaza Dallas TX  » Hotels  »
2.5
Alpha Road, Dallas TX
  • The only problem that I have with the rooms is the housekeeping
  • Returning, I found the ironing board still set in the same place even though housekeeping had already cleaned the room
  • Secondly, this Crowne Plaza's management obviously has every intention of presenting the best quality possible for its guests
  • The injustice that lame housekeeping can do to such obvious efforts should not be an issue

• by yvonnerobert

I have a very mixed opinion about this particular hotel location. Crowne Plaza Hotels have never been my personal choice for traveling as they tend to cater to business people, who can afford the high rates. But when traveling on business I am required by the company for which I work to stay overnight at the Crowne Plaza in Dallas TX.

This hotel provides a very classy and accommodative service to its guests. The 10-floor atrium-style interior offers warm, practically formal colors of beige and dark cherry wood - giving it a look for business travelers as intended. The front-desk and concierge staff provide very welcoming attitudes toward guests as

if they were competing with top-of-the-line hotels. When greeted by them and receiving assistance, a guest can easily feel appreciated.

The guest rooms are average. The beds are not as comfortable as those of certain other hotel chains. (Hard mattresses - seemingly outdated.) But what is there is an effort that I can commend. They provide cozy, padded bedding on top of the mattresses for comfort between the sheets. And they are furnished with nice cd player alarm clocks with accompanying cds for those who need soft sounds for more restful sleep. (I definitely can do without but again, I am really impressed by the effort.)

The room layout includes a small ...

• living room with a mini refrigerator and microwave, a desk, sofabed, and television. The bathroom is set between the living and bedroom. The layout is very comfortable. The only problem that I have with the rooms is the housekeeping. Their does not seem to be any pride in the cleanliness of the bedrooms and bathrooms. On more than one visit, I’ve found hair in both the bathtub and in the bed. I’ve left the ironing board out in a rush to attend an early morning meeting. Returning, I found the ironing board still set in the same place even though housekeeping had already cleaned the room.

Overall, I have no problem

returning as a requirment of my employer. When traveling for personal reasons or leisure, I would probably choose another hotel over this one because I don’t want to have to sleep in the bed with anyone else’s hair. And I’m skeptical at this point about whether the housekeeping staff is changing the sheets. I never like to complain anywhere. But I feel I need to voice my concerns to the management for several reasons - one being sanitation for guest. Secondly, this Crowne Plaza’s management obviously has every intention of presenting the best quality possible for its guests.

The injustice that lame housekeeping can do to such obvious efforts should not be an issue.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2809463530930/k2311a098/9.8.08