Shrek  » Movies  »
  • What I got was a few laughs and a lackluster story, in my opinion
  • The voice acting was decent not amazing like I had heard about

• by Artie17

The way people were hyping the movie made me very excited to see it. I was ready for a movie with wall to wall laughs, and a great story, like a Finding Nemo.

What I got was a few laughs and a lackluster story, in my opinion.

Most of the laughs occur in the first half

of the film and in the second half all that is really happening is plot progression.

Nothing funny or inventive was happening while the story was unfolding and that was the disappointing thing for me in the second half of the movie.

The voice acting was decent not amazing like I had heard about.

The animation ...

• was quite good though.

The movie looked gorgeous and will remain a classic in that sense.

It set a new standard for the animated movies are made, and for that , I applaud it.

I personally don’t see what the big deal is with this movie.

It isn’t bad but it’s not the greatest animated

film of all time like some critics are saying it is.

The story and jokes don’t come close to such movies as Finding Nemo or The Incredibles, which ARE classic animated movies and far superior to Shrek.

I would say see this movie because of the animation and the jokes that occur within the first half are worthwhile.

Shrek
    yosef hafisov says :

re : The voice acting was decent not amazing like I had heard about
    I loved the voice acting especially from donkey

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11809463460930/k2311a098/9.8.08