Equate Triple Antibiotic Ointment  » Medicine  »
  • I highly recommend this brand as it has worked well for my household for years and always saved us money as an added bonus

• by honeybea

Equate Triple Antibiotic Ointment is the generic term for regular Triple Antibiotic Ointment, but it works just the same. The active ingredients being Bacitracin Zinc, Neomycin Sulfate, and Polymyxin B Sulfate, they are the same ingredients as in the regular version. Even the amounts are the same. 400 units of Bacitracin Zinc, 3.5 milligrams of Neomycin, and the most out of the three, 5,000 units of Polymyxin B. This makes all the difference to me, as well as reassuring me that what we are getting

is indeed quality.

It is always a good idea to read warning labels and keep them in mind, whatever medicine you use. This ensures that the product is used correctly and does not harm the user in any way. It’s a good measuring tool for how to use various products, especially triple antibiotic ointment. Just look at the packaging and go by that.

This product is for external use only. Of course, do not use it if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.

• Do not use in the eyes or on large areas of the body. Use on no more then a spot or two, say about the size of a skinned knee or a small burn.

I have personally used both kinds, the generic and the more expensive, and found the generic to work just as well as the regular version. It works well on minor scrapes and cuts as well as burns, and works no different from the more expensive brand.

Once my daughter fell down and scraped her knee,

and we had to put triple antibiotic ointment on it; she felt better instantly, and we couldn’t even tell after a couple minutes that it was the generic.

Being a stay-at-home mom of two and not getting an income at the moment, I have to watch what we buy, so this is very ideal for us. Works just the same and costs less? I’m there!

I highly recommend this brand as it has worked well for my household for years and always saved us money as an added bonus.

Equate Triple Antibiotic Ointment

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26809463200830/k2311a098/9.8.08