Casio Scientific Calculator fx-82TL  » Electronics  »
1.0
  • One day in the middle of an exam my calculator started to show me amazing numbers
  • So if you are planning to buy a Casio Scientific Calculator fx-82TL I think you should reconsider

• by Sukhitha

Casio Calculators are the most famous calculator I ever know. 95 percent of our university uses Casio. When I wanted to buy a calculator I went to local stores, I could only find Casio products except several few units of Chinese products.

It is like a Casio monopoly. So the shopkeepers directed me to buy a Casio calculator.

Since I used several

Casio products I didn’t have to doubt about their technology. For one and half years of purchasing it I felt I made a correct choice.

For exams here we take our own calculators which are familiar to us. One day in the middle of an exam my calculator started to show me amazing numbers.

It showed many different numbers when I change ...

• the viewing angle. The display was jammed at once.

The correct number can be seen when I see from the topside. It might have been funny for the examiners since I was gazing on the calculator like inspecting a gem.

Thing is, this doesn’t have a guard or shield for the digital display. So the pressure from outside might damage the display

easily.

Power consumption of the calculator is good. Still I’m using the batteries came with it for about two years, even though this doesn’t have a solar power charger.

I don’t know every Casio Calculator defects. But mine did.

So if you are planning to buy a Casio Scientific Calculator fx-82TL I think you should reconsider. But I doubt you could find a quality alternative.

Archana says :

how can I generate mathematical formula ?? for example, x 2 x 1 and then every time only I have to enter value of x.

Galega says :

You cannot have equations (or formulas) stored in this calculator, with the power turned off.

You can save a single formula, and use it to calculate results with different variables, using the [CALC] key, as long as the power remains turned on. If you press the ON button, the formula is lost

mujeeb says :

how can i take different base of log eccept of 10 e from this modle.

Galega says :

You have to do that manually. I hope you understand logistic map. If you are required to calculate log(x) base 2, then calculate log(x) base 10 then divide it by log2. Or, to calculate ln(x) base 2, do it with base 10 then divide it by ln2. That’s how you can take different base of log.

Tanvir says :

the display of my calci is not showing the digits nicely. will changing the battery help? it is the original battery that came with it i bought it about 6 years back

Shagun says :

Yes, it would definitely help. Battery life of course depends on how much you use the calculator on daily basis but this has happened to me once and I think changing the battery would help.

Galega says :

That is the only thing you can do at this juncture. Change the battery and see if that makes any difference. If you are still seeing the same problem with the display, then you may have to take it to the service center. A simple problem with LED display may also cause this problem.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16809463130830/k2311a098/9.8.08