Malaysian Airlines System (MAS)  » Airlines  »
  • It's the best ever landing I ever experienced throughout my life
  • On the way out from the plane, the man in front of me also very impressed on the landing and told the stewardess that stood near the door Nice landing
  • Fine for me and I don't think foreigners will go to such place to travel too
  • I didn't remember the hotel name but the food tasted delicious
  • I will definitely choose MAS if its fare can somewhat compete with Air Asia

• by Ahbingo

I have not been with Malaysian Airlines System (MAS) for quite a long time after such good deals offered by Air Asia in my area. I had to go to a city (Lahad Datu) from Kota Kinabalu for an interview with no direct flight from Air Asia. I had no choice but to fly with Malaysian Airlines System (MAS).

Actually, other than higher price, I have no complaints on Malaysian Airlines System (MAS). All of their services are really up to 5-star standard (except for the service I received in the airport in Kuala Lumpur International Airport - KLIA).

It’s the best ever landing I ever experienced throughout my life. It’s a smooth landing. I even didn’t notice that the plane had been landed. On the way out from the plane, the

man in front of me also very impressed on the landing and told the stewardess that stood near the door “Nice landing”. I even would like to know who’s the pilot. Fantastic.

I was shocked to see the Lahad Datu Airport. It’s an old, small airport with some wooden fittings. There’s no announcement board or television. I can accept that, as it’s a rural city. Fine for me and I don’t think foreigners will go to such place to travel too.

It’s time for departure but there’s no announcement for the departure. I went to the departure gate and asked the officers who were sitting and chatting there “I can check-in already?” (but I didn’t see any aeroplane outside). Then, she told me that the flight had been cancelled.

• Many people left and there’s a group of people complained about it as they need to rush back for meeting. The officer (man) was busy explained to them on the alternatives he’s the only man working there at that time. It’s almost night time and can see that they switched off the lights in the airport. I couldn’t wait and approached the man, he asked me to wait after he finished arranged for the group of people. I was lost and thought in mind “What should I do? To find hotel to stay?”. After few hours of waiting, the man asked me and another guy to follow him into his car. He brought us to hotel and arranged the accommodation for us free of charge including buffet
        dinner. I didn’t remember the hotel name but the food tasted delicious. I love it very much. He missed call me in the morning and came to fetch me to the airport, trying to get a seat for me to back to Kota Kinabalu. There’re many people waiting for the available seat and he managed to give me the last free seat on the plane. I was the last person on the plane, running to the plane and it’s almost going to depart. The stewardess that welcomed me greeted me “Don’t worry. Slowly we will wait for you!”.

In summary, I’m very satisfied with the services provided by MAS staff but some facilities need to be upgraded. I will definitely choose MAS if its fare can somewhat compete with Air Asia.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 40409462340430/k2311a094/9.4.08