Dick VanPattens Natural Balance Dog Food  » Pets  »
  • After doing some research on the causes of yeast infections in dogs I learned that many can be caused by an allergy to grains in the diet
  • After many months of wheat free foods the problem still was there, so we decided to try totally grain free

• by Toni

I have a 4 year old Beagle Mix dog named Rachel. A few years back a friend of mine gave me a book called “Food Dogs Die For”, which actually was a review of the pet food industry. After reading the book I began making my own dog food using ground beef and grains.

Rachel suffered from chronic yeast infections in her ears, as well as itchy skin and feet. I was always at the vet trying to clear up her ears. She was

put on numerous different drugs, each promising to finally clear up this mess.

I had ear drops that she wouldn’t let me put in her ears. It was all very frustrating to me so you can imagine how uncomfortable she was.

After doing some research on the causes of yeast infections in dogs I learned that many can be caused by an allergy to grains in the diet. I went out and got samples of different wheat free foods for her to try. After many months ...

• of wheat free foods the problem still was there, so we decided to try totally grain free.

Let me tell you it is very difficult to find a totally grain free food. We found Dick VanPattens Natural Balance, Sweet Potato and Venison and decided to give it a try.

I guess Rachel was on the new food for a few weeks when I went to give her a bath. I asked my one son to go and get me the ear wipes so I could clean out

her ear. When I flipped her ear over to clean it I was shocked to find out that it was completely clear! The grain free Natural Balance dog food had done the trick!

That was 5 months ago and she has not had one reacurrance of yeast since being on the diet. She doesn’t itch like she used to either.

I can’t say enough good about this product. It literally changed my dogs life from yeasty and itchy to normal. I highly recommend this dog food.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29409462270430/k2311a094/9.4.08