Thrifty rental Union Staion Toronto  » Car rental  »
0.5
65 Front Street West (Toronto, Union Station)
  • I filled a complaint but was told it would likely take 2-3 weeks

• by Joseph1025

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

“Beware” of the Thrifty Car Rental at Union Station in Toronto!

First, they advertised that they will pick you up and they won’t do so. Short of staff or too busy is the excuse. So, we had to walk from our hotel carrying our baggage.

Second, I made an online reservation 2 weeks in advance and didn’t get the car I reserved. The desk agent told me that when booking online nothing is really

guaranteed.

Lastly, I turned the car in at night after they closed and was told to leave the GPS system under the front seat by the owner of the Thrifty business and to simply drop the keys into the drop box provided there. They called me 4 days later and accused me of stealing their GPS system and have charged my credir card $931 dollars! Yes, 4 days later. Abdul the guy who called ...

• me admitted that they rented the car the next day but said it was my duty to bring in the GPS system. When I told him that the owner told me to leave it in the car Abdul refused to comment further except to repeat that it was my responsibility.

I am going through a nightmare of a time with my efforts to get Thrify to give me our money back. I filled a

complaint but was told it would likely take 2-3 weeks.

We were on Vacation in Toronto and rented the car to go to Niagra Falls.

I would avoid this place at all costs! They are rude, don’t follow through on what they advertise and dishonest to say the least. They took our vacation and ruined it!!! Shame on you Thrifty!!!

Karl says :

Wow what a bad time you had. I just canceled my reservation online with the same thrifty at the union station after I saw the review. My buddy said that there are other places there in the station to rent so I am going to try one of them. Can`t be worse than what they did to you. Cheers mate.

Lu says :

Thanks for your review. I had doubts about the shuttle thing, and now it is confirmed. Won`t rent there

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3409462250430/k2311a094/9.4.08