Movie Hidalgo  » Movies  »
  • The problem with the movie is that I don't know whether or not the film makers wanted to make a comedic action film or a drama/epic adventure movie
  • I would recommend it especially to people who are fans of adventure films

• by Artie17

Hidalgo isn’t an oscar worth film nor does it do anything that spectacular, but this shouldn’t turn you away from this movie, especially if you enjoy adventure films. The story tells the story of a man and his horse and there adventure across the desert.

The problem with the movie is that

I don’t know whether or not the film makers wanted to make a comedic action film or a drama/epic adventure movie.

This was problematic for me because I wasn’t really locked into the story like I could have been if there wasn’t these not so funny jokes peppered into the story.

Most ...

• of these moments were uncalled for and soiled some of the plot for me.

The acting across the board isn’t very great either.

Viggo Mortensen gives an ok performance as the lead.

I was really excited for him to play the lead because he was coming of the Lord of The

Rings movies which I LOVED him in.

The special effects were used well and overall satisfying.

Another plus for this film is that despite it long run time, I was never bored.

The movie is entertaining and quite fun.

I would recommend it especially to people who are fans of adventure films.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11409462240430/k2311a094/9.4.08