Cruises and Ports of Call 2007  » Cruises/Ferries  »
  • I bought it for a Christmas present last year and we have used it in researching different options for cruises
  • I enjoyed the way Cruises and Ports of Call 2007 is set up
  • Our daughter would probably not be coming with us, but if she did we might consider the Disney cruiseline which is highly recommended for families with children
  • If you are taking a cruise, or just considering one, I would recommend Cruises and Ports of Call 2007, or perhaps the newest edition

• by shawn the writer

Cruises and Ports of Call 2007, published by Frommer’s, is a tremendous resource for people starting to do the homework on scheduling a cruise in the United States or anywhere in the world. I bought it for a Christmas present last year and we have used it in researching different options for cruises. After almost a year of homework and checking various cruiselines with their pros and cons, we are

getting ready to book a cruise for spring 2009.

I enjoyed the way Cruises and Ports of Call 2007 is set up. The book starts with tips for choosing your ideal cruise. The book explains the different sorts of cruises, including those catering to families, singles, couples, and everything inbetween. It shows the different ships including all the different amenities you should expect.

The book gives great tips on when to ...

• schedule your cruise and whether to book directly with the carrier or use a travel agent. I did not realize how many diverse cruises were available until I read this book. Cruises and Ports of Call 2007 describes cruises from Alaska to Europe to the typical Caribbean cruises.

I learned a lot by reading this book. My wife and I narrowed our prefered cruiseline down to Celebrity or Princess because of

the information contained in the book. We are in our early 30s and do not like the overly crazy crowd of twentysomethings. Our daughter would probably not be coming with us, but if she did we might consider the Disney cruiseline which is highly recommended for families with children. If you are taking a cruise, or just considering one, I would recommend Cruises and Ports of Call 2007, or perhaps the newest edition.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4409462110330/k2311a094/9.4.08