Qantas Airlines  » Airlines  »
Flight - Melbourne to Cairns
  • I think what I had was gnocchi, but I can't be sure that's what they called it

• by esotericat

We flew with Qantas from Melbourne to Cairns in May of 08. We were seated apart from each other even though we had booked the flight months in advance. Nevertheless, we didn’t really care because at this point of the trip we were getting sick of each other anyway. I guess if you want to be seated together, show

up extra early (we arrived at the terminal an hour and 15 minutes before departure so you probably need to arrive earlier than that).

We boarded a plane adorned with aboriginal art on the fuselage, which was really cool, but the inside of the plane badly needed refurbishment. The seats weren’t very comfortable, and needed a good cleaning (as did the seats at the terminal).

I can normally eat anything, but the food was hideous. I think what I had was gnocchi, but I can’t be sure that’s what they called it. It was basically powdery mush with zero taste. I looked over at my husband who was across the aisle, and the look on his face was priceless when ...

• Qantas Airlines
      he pealed back the lid. He kept pointing to different bits of his food as if to ask me “what is this thing?”

Qantas staff at the terminal and on the plane were neither overly friendly nor rude. They were like robots. But, I’ll take a robot over a rude, animated person any day.

I’ve flown with Qantas before to Japan

from Cairns, and we were on a very nice plane with good food, so I don’t want to attribute these comments to all of the Airline’s flights. This flight was just average, not great, but not terrible either. We got it at a good price, and we got there safely, so I’d probably give Qantas a 7 or an 8 out of 10.

Qantas Airlines

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 40409462000330/k2311a094/9.4.08