Taylor Hicks CD  » Music  »
  • Taylor debuted with his new CD singing this song on the Today Show, and I thought his performance was great, and full of energy
  • Taylor Hicks is full of catchy song but I know Mr

• by shawn the writer

Taylor Hicks’ self titled CD is one of my favorite CDs released in the past five years. The CD has thirteen different songs and at least ten of them are very catchy. Most of them are really good songs; the kind of songs you find yourself singing along to in the car on your way to work.

I love the first track, “Runaround.” It is a really catchy song

with an old school 1980s vibe complete with big horns and a great hook. Taylor debuted with his new CD singing this song on the Today Show, and I thought his performance was great, and full of energy.

I also like, “Wherever I Lay My Hat,” which allows Taylor to better show his range. It starts out slow and soft but builds to a louder more passionate ending.

• I could imagine how great this song would be in concert.

Taylor also included many of his older songs on the CD including “Hell of a Day” and “Soul Thing.” “Hell of a Day” is easily my favorite Taylor Hicks song. The version on the CD is more uptempo than his previous release and is probably over produced. In fact, that is my biggest complaint about the entire CD.

You can see glimpses of brilliance throughout his songs, but they are overproduced with horns and other instruments, and it creates an overly slick sound. Taylor’s earlier CD was more raw and creative.

I really look forward to Taylor’s next CD. “Taylor Hicks” is full of catchy song but I know Mr. Hicks is capable of more than catchy songs that never find their way to the radio.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 14409461880330/k2311a094/9.4.08