Philippine Airlines
  • Lately, I was a passenger to their regional and transatlantic flights and noticed the difference in quality of inflight service they offer

• by zeppyshan

I have travelled numerous times from the Philippines to so many countries over the years and have flown Philippine Airlines. PAL as it’s acronym, is the country’s flag carrier boasting the country’s culture having their pilots and cabin crews as forefronts.

I have seen changes in their aircraft equipment, management and services deterioration and upgrades since 1976. I must say that that they can compete with other airlines standards but they can do better!

Lately, I was a passenger to their regional

and transatlantic flights and noticed the difference in quality of inflight service they offer. They said that the fuel price escalation has something to do with the services they offered. Here are incidents:

On a regional flight to Singapore, a passenger beside me asked for seconds and the flight attendant apologized that they only have exact food portion for each passenger on board. I requested for a blanket and was told that they have limited blankets on board and they have all distributed ...

• them.

On my flight to Canada, I took a walk around the cabin while the movie was being shown and one section didn’t have the projector on. I asked one of the cabin crew why is that so and replied that the audio and video system on that area was inoperative. I could see how many irate passengers there were and how the flight attendants tried to explain that there was absolutely nothing they can do. To appease them, the

flight attendants walked around the cabin for almost fourteen hours giving them more drinks or food. I could imagine their frustrations but I guess that goes with their job.

The landing was smooth and perfect as always, only the pilots of PAL can seem to that. The cabin crew have done well under these undesirable cirmcumstances. I’ve written a commendation for them but criticized aircraft maintenance and deterioration, that an upgrade in their equipment should be done to enable the airline to compete in the business.

Philippine Airlines

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 40409461860330/k2311a094/9.4.08