Marriott Highcliff  » Hotels  »
Highcliff Bournemouth Dorset UK
  • Even though the sun was out I decided against using the outdoor pool despite it being heated, it wasn't that warm outside
  • For dinner I ate in the Highcliff Grill, which served a good selection of international cuisine, I chose my old favourite the fillet of beef, which was divine and cooked to perfection The grill's dress code is casual and the atmosphere in there is very good, the staff are very helpful and friendly
  • Overall I would totally recommend this hotel is you are looking for somewhere to stop in the Bournemouth area

• by Steve12345

Recently I stopped in the Marriott High cliff hotel in Bournemouth on business, my work were holding a conference nearby. I stayed in the hotel over night and made use of their wonderful facilities.

The hotel itself is right next to door to the Bournemouth International Centre. And is ideally located for the centre of Bournemouth also.

The hotel itself is set up high overlooking the beaches and the sea of the Dorset coast, the building is well maintained as are the lovely grounds and lawned area you see as you drive in. The views from there are exceptional. There are limited places to park so if you do manage to get in I would leave your car there if you can.

The interior of the hotel is equally as stunning. The lobby reception area is very classy and elegant

without being over stated. There are great views of the Dorset coastline if you are waiting in the lobby area. The staff on reception were very good and got me booked in and to me room very swiftly as I had a couple of bags the guy behind the desk even arranged for a porter to carry them to my room.

The bedroom itself was wonderful I even managed to get a sea view room as they had run out of the standard ones. The bed in the room was massive and I had a big bay window overlooking the fantastic sight of the Dorset coast with the sun shining on it. The room had everything I’ve come to expect from a Marriott hotel, the mini bar a large TV with satellite, tea and coffee making facilities and ...

• the most comfy bed. The mini bar prices didn’t seem as high as in other hotels either which surprised me but I didn’t use anything from it. There was also internet access, which I used to connect my laptop to so I could do a bit of work.

There are great leisure facilities of which I used the gym, sauna, steam room and the indoor heated swimming pool. Even though the sun was out I decided against using the outdoor pool despite it being heated, it wasn’t that warm outside.

For dinner I ate in the Highcliff Grill, which served a good selection of international cuisine, I chose my old favourite the fillet of beef, which was divine and cooked to perfection The grill’s dress code is casual and the atmosphere in there is very good, the staff are very

helpful and friendly. I also ate breakfast in there as well, which was the Marriott buffet so I got everything I wanted without waste. The breakfast tasted fresh and was still hot and I saw them come and update the hot food every fifteen minutes or so. I also had a relaxing drink after my meal in the lounge bar next to the restaurant, this was very nice and I had a look out of the Dorset coast by night.

Overall I would totally recommend this hotel is you are looking for somewhere to stop in the Bournemouth area. It is clean, has friendly staff and is very relaxing and luxurious. The only down side was the ten pound car parking fee. The airport at Bournemouth is also very close by and is about six miles away.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2309461601030/k2311a093/9.3.08