Movie 1408 by John Cusack
  • This movie is interesting, though the setting is mostly in the room 1408 (that is where the events occurred)
  • Well I have to give credits to the movie writers because though as expected, the scary part is in the room, the movie did not become boring and over-used because of the wonderful inserts
  • The movie is good for me, I have seen a couple of horror movies, and though nothing will beat asian horror films for me, I will say that 1408 is one of the best Hollywood horror films I have watched

• by Jaqui

1408 is a horror film by John Cusack and Samuel Jackson. Well most of the movie of course shows John Cusack as Mike Enslin’s struggle inside a hotel room, supposedly haunted the room 1408.

Mike Enslin here is a paranormal “writer”, with his profession; he stays at haunted rooms, houses and records any events worth writing for.

He was more of a skeptic, keeping records and discoursing people of anything worth seeing in reported “haunting”, he then learned about the

room 1408 via a postcard sent to him (sort of an invite); going over to the hotel, he was refused access to the room, actually by Samuel Jackson but he was insistent and then that is where the story developed.

The movie started light at first, but most of the events and shocking visuals are in the middle to its ending part.

I liked the way the story ended (the version I saw) where Enslin died and re appeared in the rear ...

• view mirror of a car.

It was quite a scare! The movie was effective, it developed from a simple story, to something puzzling; it just keeps you guessing when and where you will be able to see some frightening images the movie’s terror is just okay, no wonder it’s only rated PG-13 in the U.

S.

This movie is interesting, though the setting is mostly in the room “1408″ (that is where the events occurred); there were quite a lot of other

scenes shown too from flashbacks and from Enslin’s hallucinations.

Well I have to give credits to the movie writers because though as expected, the scary part is in the room, the movie did not become boring and “over-used” because of the wonderful inserts.

The movie is good for me, I have seen a couple of horror movies, and though nothing will beat asian horror films for me, I will say that 1408 is one of the best Hollywood horror films I have watched.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11309461040930/k2311a093/9.3.08