Fucidin Cream Topical Antibiotic  » Medicine  »
  • The cost is about $10.00 which is only slightly more than the Polysporin creams that don't do half the job this cream does
  • I think the packaging could definatly be jazzed up, as it come sin a plain white box, the only logo being a tiny lion in the corner

• by Melissa Glenn
      This is a great multi purpose topical antibiotic cream. My family and I have used it for awhile. I use it for occasional acne outbreaks, and find it dissolves quicly on my skin without leaving a greasy feel. My husband has used it on a burn on his arm, and

I have never seen any cream heal a burn so fast! When I got a cold sore, Fuicidin healed that too in 3 days!! As opposed to other creams that can take a week or more.

Fucidin cream contains the active ingredient Fusidic acid cream 2percent and a moisturiser. It comes ...

• in a 15gram tube and is only available by Physician prescription. The cost is about $10.00 which is only slightly more than the Polysporin creams that don’t do half the job this cream does.

I cannot say enough good things about Fucidin Cream, as an acne controller, burn and cole sore

aid it should be in every families first aid kits.

Fucidin is manufactured by Leo Pharma Inc. I think the packaging could definatly be jazzed up, as it come sin a plain white box, the only logo being a tiny lion in the corner. Other than that its great for the money!

sheryl says :

when i was operated by CS 2 deliver my 3rd baby, my wound suppurated much and i don t know how to deal w it bec my wound made me feel uncomfortable but my husband happened to be a nurse in profession, he said that fucidin 15g ointment 2% is very effective into my case nd when i tried it nd it really works. my wounds looks better.

Tehseen says :

I have a little cut on ear.Can i use it???

Galega says :

Yes, you can use it on your ear. It will treat any infection that might have happened because of the cut, and in the process the cut will be healed easily.

Tehseen says :

Thanks sir, but ny cut is almost healed just a but remained behind.Mean u can say the skin needs to be healed like it was before cut.Does its use has a side effect?? Bciz i already used it for 2 weeks and then i left using it in ear

Galega says :

If you have used it externally, there will not be any side effects for two weeks use. No issue with that.

It will heal the cut/wound or any sort of infection that might have come there because of cut. However, it will not remove any resulting scar/marks.

Tasneem says :

Hi,i want to know if fucidin ointment can be used for 8 months baby,,infact he s been itching his outer ear which has caused it to become swollen and slightly cut behind

Galega says :

Yes, Fucidin Ointment can be used on 8 months old baby. There is no problem as long as you ensure that this cream is used only externally.

Arshi says :

Hi i have got burns due to hot boiling water. Initially it was pink n i was applying silverex which was quite relieving. But, then i consulted a doctor who prescribed me Regen D 60 n then my burn got worse n started itching badly.moreover, my skin turned red n small bumps appeared.i told this to doc n she asked me to apply halovate f and again tht didn’t work for me.gradually , i understood that Regen -d 60 was to strong for me..i d..it only worsened my burns..Then i decided to consult another derma specialist n he has now prescribed me fucibet along with vitamin c tabs.It’s been 4 daysm using fucibet ointment but m nt able to judge whether fucibet is effective in my case or not..could u please suggest as to how to treat my burn..i think i should continue using fucibet bt how much tym does fucibet take to show positive results n what r the healing symptoms? Pls help

Galega says :

You have used too many ointments which is only aggravating the problem. I would suggest you to stick with the prescription of the second doctor.

You made a grave mistake by discontinuing Silverex, even though the positive results were obvious. There isn’t any substitute to silverex when it comes to burn wound.

Ishita says :

Hi, I was suffering from acne on the month of April 2018 and then after somedays while sleeping unconsciously I might have pop my acne which lead to skin infection like water blister on my both cheeks and forehead. Henceforth, I have consulted with a dermatologist who prescribed me Acnesol solution 1% with Azinish 250 tablet. After 1month when I went to consult again with my Doc, he then changed the topical solution because I was getting more blisters on my face and prescribed me Lynx Activ gel and Vitakind-Zit capsule. But after using the gel like 10 days the wounded parts was very itchy and red feeling. In morning when I wash my face with Lucidum cleansing lotion I can see that the blisters were same as before, no changes.So, I went to Doc again and now he prescribed me minocyclin 45 and Herperax ointment and Crixan gel and told me to use that by mixing both the ointment and gel 2-3 times daily after washing face.I am using that as he prescribed me but it became like 7 days I am not seeing any changes on the blister. Rather I am feeling itchy and redness same as before.So what should I do now? As I am having oily and sensitive skin so I am quiet afraid of using anything. Should I use Fudic cream once ?

Galega says :

You have already used many products without any positive results. You have only gotten allergic reaction. I would rather suggest you to try Aloe Vera Gel for 2 - 3 days or use another product only after consulting a dermatologist.

Najma says :

Hi,i have a face burn around my nose and chicks area due to chemical side effects.. Can I use fucidin to remove the burn and stop the peeling of skin on ma face

Galega says :

I would suggest you to use Silverex ointment. That will work instantly to heal burn wound. Use Fucidin if there is infection because of burning.

ronald says :

I live in Venezuela and have a reaction on my skin related to ACAROS, what would you recommend me to use. The doctor recommended Fucedin, but I am using this already for a couple of weeks and the problem goes and returns. Thanks for your reco, Ronald

Galega says :

Ideally, your infection should have gone after two weeks of using Fucidin. However, the nature of your infection has much to do with the time it may take to heal.

Give it little bit more time. Since it is returning, you need to caution with the way you apply it. Use 3-4 times daily. Apply it only on the affected area. The next time when you are applying it, if possible wash that area.

aisha says :

can we use this cream in vagina as it is itchin.

Dan says :

it most likely should. I was prescribed with this medicine also with valacyclovir to treat my genital herpes type 1. But i must stress this that you should consult your phyisican before doing anything. because it might be some skin reaction that fucidin cannot treat.

Galega says :

I think you should not use this in your private part. This cream is supposed to be used externally, not internally.

If you are feeling itching at the outer part of your private area, you can use it there. Don’t use it internally.

-11
    cheng says :

how much dosage should we apply on the acne area? apply 3 times per day or twice per day? apply without applying any toner and moisturiser or after applying toner and moisturiser? will it cause itchiness? how long will it take to show the effect?

Galega says :

It will take around one week to show effect. Depending on the nature of your infection, it may take up to three weeks for complete healing.

You should apply it 3-4 times a day. Apply it on affected area. You should not apply toner or moisturizer before using it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26100446050530/k2311a0410/4.10.06