Lexmark X5320 Printer
  • When I was shopping the day after Thanksgiving I found a Lexmark X5320 Printer on sale for $70.00
  • I bought it home and hooked it up to the computer, which was fairly simple to do, my eight year old helped me
  • I believe that the printer was worth the money, but it all depends on how often you use the printing and faxing to tell how much money you will spend a month on ink

• by beenthereusedthat

When I was shopping the day after Thanksgiving I found a Lexmark X5320 Printer on sale for $70. It was an all in one, which means it prints, scans, copies and faxes.

I bought it home and hooked it up to the computer, which was fairly simple to do, my eight year old helped me.

I have used each feature on it and the only problems I had with it was the

scanning, which I could not get to work right and the ink cartridges.

It seems to go thru ink pretty quick and the cartridges are a little pricey at $35 for color and $20 for black.

If you are out of black ink tho, it will let you “complete a print” using the color cartridge, but you have to click the button each time you go to print.

Also, if you are ...

• receiving a fax you have to hit the Start Color button for each page before it will print it.

It is easy to hook up and use tho, but the ink cartridges seem to wear out quicker than my other printers did.

On the scanning part, it would scan what I put in there, but it was harder to work with the imaging on it.

When I had a previous Lexmark scanner,

it seemed to me that the scanned image was a lot easier to work with.

I do not know if it is the software that it came with tho and if you coul dget your own scanner software to edit with.

I believe that the printer was worth the money, but it all depends on how often you use the printing and faxing to tell how much money you will spend a month on ink.

Heather says :

I have a gateway computer, not really sure what kind, but i need to hook up the Lexmark X5320 Printer to my computer. I`m pretty sure there were no wires that came with it, please help me connect it. Like, what type of cable would I need? Please Thank-You, Heather K.

John says :

You will need a USB cable to connect the printer to your computer. Most Lexmark printers don’t come with the USB cable. If you don’t have one, you will need to purchase one.

beenthereusedthat says :

John is correct, you need to buy a usb cable to connect the printer to the computer.

Galega says :

You need to buy a USB 2.0 Cable for this purpose. Please remember to buy USB 2.0, other version will not work with this printer. Connect one end - Male - to the printer and the second end - female - in the USB port of your computer. Install driver on your computer and then the printer should be ready to be used.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16209460471130/k2311a092/9.2.08