Old El Pso Soft Taco Bake Dinner Kit
2.5
  • Finding I needed a quick dinner, I bought the Old El Paso Soft Taco Bake Dinner Kit at my local Sobeys

• by Melissa Glenn
      I have bought Old El Paso taco shells and salsa for years. Finding I needed a quick dinner, I bought the Old El Paso Soft Taco Bake Dinner Kit at my local Sobeys. It was on sale for $2.

99Cdn down from $4. 99, so I figured I got a deal.

I suppose I still got a deal, but the first thing that annoyed me was

that the contents of this box could have fit into one much smaller. Once again I had fallen prey to glitzy advertising.

There were 4 soft tortillas, a pack of thick cheese spicy sauce (which did taste incredible)and a packet of taco seasoning. The cheese made this purchase worth the money, and thats about all.

I could have purchased 12 soft burritos for $2. 99 ...

• and visited the bulk barn for the seasoning and cheese sauce, and made 3 times as much for another $2 dollars.

If this product had not been on sale it would have been a rip-off. By layering hamburger and salsa (not included althought it should have been)and the cheese sauce, then adding the burritos on top of each layer, it did make a decent

meal.

It was not however, nearly enough for 4 people which the box stated it would be. It was enough for 3 adults barely.

Old El Paso, were correct however; when they said this meal only took 10 minutes to bake in the oven!

I would buy this again on sale only. I will definatly make the meal again, but with a trip to the bulk barn for ingredients!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27100446040530/k2311a0410/4.10.06