Boxer Terriers  » Pets  »
My house :)
  • I loved Joe, he was a little hyper, but a great companion to a four year old only child

• by beenthereusedthat

After my son’s kidney transplant, his uncle gave him a dog-a boxer terrier that my son named Joe Dirt. I grew up with dogs, but my mom always seemed to get rid of them on me.

I loved Joe, he was a little hyper, but a great companion to a four year old only child.

He ran around playing hide and seek with our son.

“T” would hide and I would hold the dog, then we would let go of Joe

and tell him to find “T” and to our amazement, he found him everytime, no matter where he was hiding.

Joe is not a mean dog, but looks mean if you come to the door.

He will bark and jump to the top of the door like he is itching to get you, not a bad thing when you are frightened by some stranger at the door.

Also, when a soliciter comes by trying to sell me something, I tell them that I ...

• cannot let them in because the dog is very mean.

At night, Joe will lay in his “bed fit for a King-cedar wood and all with a gold plated name plate” until everyone is in bed before he goes in “T”’s room for the night.

No matter what, he stays there until all the lights are shut off, then he goes to bed.

He is also good at sensing when something is wrong.

If I am upset and tears start to

flow, immediately Joe is on my lap kissing me.

If someone touches “T” lie they are trying to hurt him, he will warn them first with some fierce barking, if that doesn’t make them stop he will start to go after their hand, until they stop.

Mind you, he has never hurt anyone or bit them enough to cause a mark, but he definetly will scare you off.

Joe Dirt is definetly a good companion, watch dog and all around great family member.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29209460381130/k2311a092/9.2.08