Con Air (1997)  » Movies  »
  • I really love this movie because of Nicholas Cage
  • I like this about Cage in almost all of his movies
  • In the beginning of the movie, I was happy
  • I love getting this feeling with a movie, and not many can give it to you
  • It is definitely a movie that you should watch if you are a fan of action or a fan of Nicholas Cage movies

• by Justin Woodward

I cannot explain how much I love Con Air. Starring Nicholas Cage and John Cusack, Con Air is one great movie. It is about a man named Poe (played by Cage) who is falsely accused of killing someone when it was self defense. Years later, he is out on parole, and ready to go back to see his family. While doing so, he takes a ride on a plane filled with hardened criminals. These criminals take over the plane, and it leaves Poe struggling for his life, and another chance to see his family.

I really love this movie because of Nicholas Cage. He

has this unique accent that makes the movie very believable. I like this about Cage in almost all of his movies. He also has this presence that I cannot explain. He held my attention throughout the entire movie, making me hooked to see what would happen next. With this kind of acting ability, Cage will be the one reason to watch this movie.

In the beginning of the movie, I was happy. it was a good introduction, and allowed me to show interest in the rest of the movie. Through the “self defense” deal, I was believing the story as well. It seemed realistic,

• because that sort of thing happens a countless amount of times in real life. He is sent to jail, which is also a great part of the movie. Director Simon West shows the Cameron Poe character writing letters to his wife (who at the time was pregnant) and his baby girl. This continues the story accurately and keeps entertainment levels up.

One Poe gets on the plane, I am more anxious then excited. I want to see everything that will happen. I love getting this feeling with a movie, and not many can give it to you. The climax was not as strong as

it should have been, though. My attention was held, yes, but not for the longest time it could have been. I wished at many parts in the movie that Nicholas Cage were have more action scenes. I saw a few great ones, but none at the level I was hoping for.

Overall, a great film. An easy 7/10, but could have been better. It is definitely a movie that you should watch if you are a fan of action or a fan of Nicholas Cage movies. This movie definitely delivers. It is worth a rental, and can also be seen on FX quite often.

Con Air (1997)

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11209459951030/k2311a092/9.2.08