Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh - Turkey  » Food  »
  • Since I've had some good luck with other new Oscar Mayer products, when I saw their new Deli Fresh, I decided to give it a try, too
  • This is the first time I've had a little bit of a problem opening a resealable package
  • I think I've figured out part of my problem with the packaging
  • While the package top bends back for you to take the turkey out and then goes back down well, it's not what I would consider a top notch resealed item

• by Orrymain

Since I’ve had some good luck with other new Oscar Mayer products, when I saw their new Deli Fresh, I decided to give it a try, too. I’m a turkey lover, so selected the oven roasted turkey breast (shaved).

It comes in a rectangular plastic container that is touted as being a resealable package. This is the first time I’ve had a little bit of a problem opening a resealable package. It’s

one of those where you have to pull back on the top of one corner. It just didn’t want to pull back. I finally got it, though.

I think I’ve figured out part of my problem with the packaging. In my mind, I’m thinking it’s supposed to be resealable, but on the top right hand corner of the package it actually uses the phrase, ‘reclosable package’.

While the package top bends back for ...

• you to take the turkey out and then goes back down well, it’s not what I would consider a top notch resealed item. The top sets back down. It is closed, but not necessarily sealed. As a result, it just doesn’t give me the warm comfy feeling that I get from zipping something shut or having something snap in place. This just goes back down.

The turkey is great. I’m

pretty skeptical about a lot of packaged deli meats. There are just a few that I really like. This one has proven very successful for me. It is sometimes hard to pull the turkey slices apart, though. They come folded down on one another. I have big fingers and am not the most patient person, so that could account for some of that.

Overall, great tasting turkey and pretty easy to use.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27209459831030/k2311a092/9.2.08