Chevrolet Cavalier
2.0
  • Then there were other Cavaliers that I purchased, all of them dysfunctional

• by Michael Stephen

You can call me the Cavalier Kid. I have had four Chevrolet Cavaliers and all of them have been problematic.

Before I start with the bad,I will say that I am forever grateful to the makers of Cavalier because my very first ride was a Cavalier.

I’ll never forget how proud I was to

cough up that fifteen hundred dollars to the salesman at Kennywood Auto Sales to purchase a charcoal grey 1987 Cavalier sudan.

“What a steal”, I thought,”only 89,885 miles”! I’ll never forget my father’s reaction when he looked at the odometer: “WOW”! He said.

It didn’t take long for that Cavalier to develop a malfunction: a sound that was similar to gravel somewhere within the muffler system - a sound that was never remedied.

I’ll never forget how embarrassed I was when I was out on a date and I kept trying to steer the conversation to something other than the vapors or smoke that continued to appear from just under the hood of the car as we drove to the ...

• Chevrolet Cavalier
      movies.

Then there were other Cavaliers that I purchased, all of them dysfunctional.

My maroon 1988 Cavalier Station Wagon worked okay until it started leaking oil inside of the car.

Then how could I ever forget my 1988 sky blue 1988 Cavalier sudan! I’ll never forget my embarrassment: driving down Penn Avenue with a dragging muffler sparking against the pavement,

drawing the attention of everyone on the street! One day I was driving and my soft sounding motor started to sound like a rig! Then last but not least there was Penny, my beloved 1987 Rally Sport Coupe.

The steering in that car was shot.

I see now why the man I brought from was so eager to sell it: see a sucker, lick a sucker.

Chevrolet Cavalier

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 9209459421030/k2311a092/9.2.08