Sunbeam Quarterback Silver/ Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case  » Hardware  »
  • I love having it, but it could have been better
  • The components were real easy to install because of the room I was given, and I was happy with it, overall
  • There was a big issue with this case, though

• by Justin Woodward

This case is fairly decent. It kept most of my parts sheltered from the heat (from being next to a window in Florida) and did a very sufficient job of circulating air. I love having it, but it could have been better.

Let’s start with the cooling system. Boasting a 4×120mm fan count, this case will keep just about everything cool. It circulates air well, and has a side air duct right underneath the side 120mm fan. This cooling system helps with many things,

especially with me being a gamer and pushing my system to the limits. A negative part of this cooling system however, is the lower fan. In order to fit a bigger card, I was forced to remove it. Still, it kept pretty cool.

Next, is the space. There is a lot of room after making a few small adjustments to the case. You can find those adjustments in the manual, it’s very easy. The components were real easy to install because of the room ...

• I was given, and I was happy with it, overall.

There was a big issue with this case, though. That was the power supply. It had very few connections at first, and I was a big skeptical about using it. I went with it anyway despite my mind begging me not to, and the power supply was overheating immediately. I shut down the system, let it cool off near the air conditioner, and removed the power supply. I decided to use my power supply

instead. It was a great idea, and helped very much. If you are going to use this case, get your own power supply for it, separately.

Overall, a decent case, 7/10. It’s worth the purchase as long as you don’t plan on using the power supply that comes with it. I was satisfied with it, but will probably think about buying a better one soon. I am looking for one that will allow me to keep all of the fans inside. Worth the purchase, but be careful.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 33109459390330/k2311a091/9.1.08