Rush Hour 2 (2001)
  • I love the chemistry between Chan and Tucker, because of their unique ability to meld comedy with action
  • It is a fun movie that I enjoyed watching with my family
  • I wish they would have included more action and not as many boring lines being thrown around

• by Justin Woodward

Rush Hour is back with a bang as Lee and Carter head out to China on vacation. Although they are supposed to be relaxing, Lee, played by Jackie Chan, is taking on assignments from his boss. This movie was not as good as the first, but still holds a place in my heart as a comedy classic. It is a movie that made me laugh, for the most part, and kept me fairly entertained.

A positive about this movie is that Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker are back. There were always rumors that one of them would leave, and have to

be replaced. That would have killed the movies and made this one not worth seeing. I love the chemistry between Chan and Tucker, because of their unique ability to meld comedy with action. It is a fun movie that I enjoyed watching with my family. There is no doubt that Rush Hour 2 is a good movie, but for some odd reason, it didn’t excite me as much as I had hoped.

This movie had a few negatives involved with it, as well. I hated how the story from the first was better than this one. While I did love the ...

• cast in the first Rush Hour, the second didn’t excite me very much. I was hoping to be blown away by this movie, but it seemed to fall short on my “scale of happiness.” I wish they would have included more action and not as many boring lines being thrown around. I did not feel that Rush Hour 2 lived up to its potential, but I still thought it was a great film.

To explain a few more boring details, I must honestly say that the lines seemed dull. We all remember how creative the lines from the first Rush Hour

were. But, in this movie, the “funny” lines seemed overplayed, and when they were funny, didn’t have as much of a bang as other movies have in the past. A part of me wished that the spark would come back, but it was soaked with water. A good movie, as mentioned above, but a small failure.

Overall, a 6/10. Still a fun movie to watch, but not nearly as good as the first. Director Brett Ratner didn’t impress me at all with this movie.A good movie to rent and watch with the family, but I would go no further than that.

Rush Hour 2 (2001)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11109459360330/k2311a091/9.1.08