Rush Hour (1998)
  • I love how he is able to mix comedy with action so well
  • Rush Hour is definitely with the purchase, but because of its popularity, it can be seen on TV channels very often

• by Justin Woodward

What is there to say about Rush Hour? Well, it’s probably the funniest films I have ever watched. With actors Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan, this movie has the perfect combination of comedy and action. A must see for any fan of this genre.

Rush Hour is about a Chinese man, Chief Inspector Lee, who is sent to America after the Chinese Council’s daughter is kidnapped. The FBI doesn’t want him in the mix, so they send Detective Carter out to “babysit” him. Though annoyed by him

at first, Carter slowly shows kind feelings toward Lee, and they become good friends.

The comedic value of this movie is what makes me love it so much. I absolutely hate movies with poor comedians that attempt to make jokes. Rush Hour is NOT one of those movies. Chris Tucker is one of the funniest guys to watch on screen. I was laughing from beginning to end. He used great lines, some of which are probably improvisation, to capture my attention and keep me at a steady ...

• level of entertainment.

But let’s not forget about Jackie Chan. Chan brings something very unique to this movie…extreme stunts. As most people know, Jackie Chan does most of his own stunt work, and that makes for one exciting film. I love how he is able to mix comedy with action so well. Throughout the movie, I did not want to fall asleep or go to the bathroom. I was actually ‘hooked on Jackie.’ His use of comedy, with that memorable Jackie Chan accent, is what keeps me

excited about all of the Rush Hour movies.

Overall, an 8/10. It is a great movie to watch and is also a laugh riot. I fell in love with this movie when it first came out and it has been one of my favorite Action Comedies since. Rush Hour is definitely with the purchase, but because of its popularity, it can be seen on TV channels very often. I loved it, and I know you will too. Rush Hour is one of those movies that continues to impress!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11109459350330/k2311a091/9.1.08