La Salle Bank Dearborn MI  » Finance  »
2.5
Dearborn,Michigan
  • In excess of that 3 times, they will be charging a cost

• by lipsticknladdles

I am so upset with what happened to my checking and savings account with La Salle Bank. My husband and I opened a La Salle Bank account since I have heard it provides a good service with the locals of Michigan.

We completed all the requirements and we went to see one of the bank staff responsible for new accounts.

She was very polite, efficient and knowledgeable with her work.

She told us the

promotions, the arrangements and everything that we need to know regarding opening and maintaining a checking & savings account.

We were able to avail the promo that you can get a $100 bonus in our savings account when upon opening.

She also told us that there is no direct deposit necessary for a checking account, which is good, since I don’t have a payroll or a Social Security Pension to fulfill that requirement.

She ...

• also said that since my husband is an employee of Ford Motors, I don’t need to have a maintaining balance for the savings account.

Everything went well for a few months, until recently when they became a part of Bank of America.

They sent me a letter just now, telling me that effective October 2008, I need to have a direct deposit monthly on my checking account in order for me to maintain

it.

Also, I have to maintain at least $300 in my savings account, otherwise, a charge of $5+ will be deducted monthly.

That is okay with me, but what annoys me is that they are limiting my debit card usage into 3 times a month.

In excess of that 3 times, they will be charging a cost.

This is all very disappointing.

They were not able to take care of their promise to their clients.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 42109459090330/k2311a091/9.1.08