Samsung BlackJack
1.5
  • All in all the BlackJack has been a miserable experience and I would recommend anyone thinking of buying one to research BlackBerry options

• by ibuylotsostuff

I have owned the Samsung BlackJack for a little over a year now. And it has been a disaster. I purchased it based, stupidly, on the advertising. Not the cash back offer. Not the features mind you. The cool CGI. I’d been dying to upgrade from a standard cellular phone to a smart phone for some time.

I walked into the AT&T store, looked at it for a few minutes, and put it on my card. And it was a mistake.

The BlackJack runs on the Windows Mobile operating system, which, thankfully, is

more stable than its PC counterpart. However it is also not very visually appealing. Compared to many of the smart phones on the market today the phone desktop is small and tries way too hard to accommodate too many functions. Though for what it is worth the many functions on the desktop seem to be well organized, not unlike its BlackBerry competitor.

The key pad is very aggravating. For anyone who has ever had to type an 888 or 800 # using the alpha and not numeric values you cannot on a BlackJack as the ...

• keys aren’t organized like a traditional phone.

Other issues:

The Web browser, also Windows powered Internet Explorer, stops functioning after 24 hours and you have to restart your phone.

The 3G network is operates on is slower than what was promised in the store.

The email function is impossible to configure and required several calls to AT&T technical assistance before I got it up and running.

It does not synch up with Macintosh (which I was told in the store it did) and required the purchase of an external software patch called Missing Synch.

Technical issues required AT&T to send me

two replacements. I lost all of my downloads and my memory card (btw… BlackJack has very limited memory capacity and required I purchase a separate 1 GB memory card) failed to port the files onto the new phone. When I went to the store to see what they could do I was told my files were lost.

The speakerphone quality is atrocious and the volume is often erratic requiring constant adjustment by the user.

All in all the BlackJack has been a miserable experience and I would recommend anyone thinking of buying one to research BlackBerry options.

Samsung BlackJack
    Faggot90 says :

That`s where he decided to come out, and upon returning, he gave up everything–wife, business, state representative`s job. ,

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 37109459000230/k2311a091/9.1.08