Gettysburg Gift Center, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
297 Steinwehr Avenue, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
  • I enjoy the bells and shot glasses and have bought many nice pieces from the shop
  • I love shopping at the Gettysburg Gift Center
  • This is a very nice educational experience, especially for children who may not know much about the battle
  • I recommend making your purchases *after* seeing the Wax Museum, because you'll probably have a lot of bags to carry

• by Lacie

For many years I’ve done most of my souvenir hunting at the spacious Civil War Wax Museum / Gettysbug Gift Center in Gettysburg, PA. As soon as I begin planning my vacation itinerary, I always make a note to stop at the Gift Center to browse around for unique pieces for my collections. I usually leave with something nice; prices range from low to high depending on what you buy, but the items are quality. The Gettysburg Gift Center has a large selection of

clothing from kids’ shirts to adult tees to sweatshirts and jackets. There are also polo shirts, golf shirts, messenger bags, kepi caps, hats and more.

I enjoy the bells and shot glasses and have bought many nice pieces from the shop. The Gettysburg Gift Center sells large models made of bronze and other sturdy materials; they also offer art prints, mugs, toys, and smaller, more affordable models of soldiers, camp scenes, and other things. There are also some particularly striking Civil War ties hanging on ...

• the wall.

I even bought a candy bar at the Gift Center once; the price was a bit high, but I justified it by saying I *had* to try chocolate stamped with a picture of my favorite place! I love shopping at the Gettysburg Gift Center. Most importantly for a reader, they have a huge selection of Civil War and Gettysburg-related books. Every subject from ghost stories to artillery pieces at Gettysburg to coloring books and paper dolls can be found here; there

are a few different display cases just for reading material.

One time I also visited the adjoining Wax Museum which showcased the Battle of Gettysburg and Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address by bringing brilliant wax figures to life before our eyes. This is a very nice educational experience, especially for children who may not know much about the battle. I recommend making your purchases *after* seeing the Wax Museum, because you’ll probably have a lot of bags to carry! There are many things to catch the eye.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 463108458670231/k2311a0831/8.31.08