Cypress Gardens, Winter Haven, Florida  » Travel  »
U.S. Highway 27, south of Interstate 4, Winter Haven, Florida
  • Some of my best memories of my many Florida trips involve Cypress Gardens, a beautiful, amazing place with many entertainment venues and lovely scenery
  • Cypress Gardens is a very complex place, and I enjoyed every part of it
  • If you don't like a lot of people and want to avoid the high-traffic areas, hang around back in the gardens and soak up nature
  • Unfortunately, I'm not sure if this is still available
  • Cypress Gardens has a few restaurants with varying cuisines, so you definitely won't have trouble finding a bite to eat

• by Lacie

Some of my best memories of my many Florida trips involve Cypress Gardens, a beautiful, amazing place with many entertainment venues and lovely scenery. Cypress Gardens is a very complex place, and I enjoyed every part of it. My favorite part was the sprawling garden, filled with tropical hideaways, many different types of flowers and trees, waterfalls, a gazebo, and even a section for wild animals like gators. If you don’t like a lot of people and want to avoid the “high-traffic” areas, hang

around back in the gardens and soak up nature.

I visited Cypress Gardens twice and each time the flower arrangements and the serenity of the garden amazed me. I particularly enjoyed the Asian-style “mini garden,” the waterfalls strategically placed, and the little places to stop and rest along the way. Perhaps my favorite part of the whole trip each time was the ride on the paddlewheel boat. This was such a wonderful, cool activity on a steaming hot Florida day! Unfortunately, I’m not sure if ...

• this is still available. Another favorite was the ski show. It was totally captivating to see such talent! At every moment I expected the stunt boats would crash into each other, but they executed each move perfectly.

Cypress Gardens has completely changed their look since I was last there, adding rides and a greater variety of shows and activities, but you can still take a garden tour and see some “wild beasts.” The ski show (thankfully!) is still a major part of Cypress Gardens’

entertainment schedule, and now it is joined by concerts and other great offerings. Splash Island Water Park is another new attraction. Cypress Gardens has a few restaurants with varying cuisines, so you definitely won’t have trouble finding a bite to eat.

Little girls will enjoy seeing the beautiful “Southern belle” dresses that can be found around the park. The ticket prices for Cypress Gardens are currently (mid-2008) $39.95 for adults and $34.95 for kids. There are different packages available, so it’s a good idea to research.

Linda English says :

What Movies were made at Cypress Garden? One was using a swimming pool made in the shape of Florida hope you can help

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 383108458490231/k2311a0831/8.31.08