Saving Private Ryan  » Movies  »
  • This movie has one of the best opening 30 minutes ever
  • Tom Hanks turns in an amazing performance, and one of his best I would say
  • There are several powerful scenes in this movie that I don't want to give away, but suffice to say, I found myself tearing up several times throughout the course of this movie

• by Artie17

This movie has one of the best opening 30 minutes ever. It takes you for the ride of your life in a realistic portrayal of what D-Day was actually like at the height of WWII.

The brutalness and trueness of this first battle can’t help but hook the viewer.

I was fortunate

to have talked to an American soldier who was at D-Day and miraculously survived, and he says that this movie brought back fears in him because of how realistic that battle was portrayed in this movie.

Beyond the first battle, the rest of the movie is just as riveting.

The violence and gore continue throughout and some of the violence was so shocking and sudden, I was actually taken aback.

All of the blood and guts aside, this is in my opinion, the best war movie ever made.

The acting, cinematography, special effects, and editing were all great.

Tom Hanks turns in an amazing performance,

• Saving Private Ryan
      and one of his best I would say.

Also, Speilberg shot the movie in saturated color, which means that it basically looks more old timey, like it was shot int WWII.

This was an amazing addition to the film and puts you that much more into the film.

There are several powerful

scenes in this movie that I don’t want to give away, but suffice to say, I found myself tearing up several times throughout the course of this movie.

This movie gives thousands of reasons why we should not go to war, but one POWERFUL we should; you can identify these clearly at the end of this movie.

Saving Private Ryan

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112908457221231/k2311a0829/8.29.08