Tropic Thunder  » Movies  »
  • I was on a quest this summer to find the best comedy, and they saved the best for last, in my opinion
  • Better than Zohan, Get Smart, Pineapple Express, AND Step Brothers, which is saying a lot giving how funny I thought Step Brothers was

• by Artie17

I was on a quest this summer to find the best comedy, and they saved the best for last, in my opinion. Tropic Thunder is the funniest movie of summer 2008.

Better than Zohan, Get Smart, Pineapple Express, AND Step Brothers, which is saying a lot giving how funny I thought Step Brothers was.

What makes this movie better than those listed

above, is the great cast.

Tropic Thunder is basically about a group of actors including, Robert Downey Jr.

, Ben Stiller, and Jack Black, that are shooting a war movie in Vietnam who are forced to be real soldiers in the dangerous Vietnam when things go haywire.

Robert Downey Jr.

steals the show as the “black” (see the movie and you’ll understand the quotes”) ...

• soldier and is by FAR the best character in this movie.

He is absolutely hysterical as one of the soldiers and should be nominated for an academy award for this role.

Another thing that makes this movie great that most comedies miss on, is the how gorgeously it is shot.

Most comedies focus on only the jokes and laughs and neglect the

film making which has always bothered me.

This movie nails both.

All of the camera shots AND special effects, which I won’t go into here but are also great, are well thought out and kept me at least, wanting more.

So if you’ve been waiting for THE comedy of the summer, well people, it is finally upon us in Tropic Thunder

Tropic Thunder

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112908457131231/k2311a0829/8.29.08