Electric Sissors:TV’s Supertek Cordless Electric Sissors
0.5
  • When I found them at a local store for $9.99 I was thrilled and happy to buy them
  • We are avid sewers, renovators and craftors in my house so I thought these would be an asset in my home
  • Finally I decided to go back to my sharp manual scissors
  • I won't be using them again TV Supertek's scissors are not worth the effort,or the cost

• by Melissa Glenn
      I had seen Supertek’s Cordless Electric Sissors on an infomercial in Canada. I hadn’t bought them then, as I thought $19. 99 was a bit steep.

When I found them at a local store for $9. 99 I was thrilled and happy to buy them.

These electric sissors require 2 AA batteries (not included) and are suppose to cut through anything. We are avid sewers, renovators and craftors in my house so I thought these would

be an asset in my home.

Boy was I wrong. First of all, the directions were nearly useless and it took a good ten minutes to get the two AA batteries into these scissors.

The cutting guide, was also difficult to attach to the side of the scissors. Finally though, I was ready to cut.

They zipped through one piece of paper, but groaned through cutting a piece of bristle board for a craft project.

• These scissors require a very tight grip, which activates the cutting, and my hand and arm were sore by the time I had cut through a 2foot piece of fabric.

Additonally these scissors were extremely slow, and apt to bounce around, the cutting guide did no good at all. Finally, I tried to cut a relatively small piece of leather, the scissors got half way through, groaned to a stop, re-started, then cut backwards over

the same area! And my arm was aching, gripping this lightweight piece of plastic.

Finally I decided to go back to my sharp manual scissors. This was a good concept, but the plastic the scissors are made of is too lightweight to lend the scissors any real strength.

The blades are not sharp at all, its the motor that makes these scissors plow through things. I won’t be using them again TV Supertek’s scissors are not worth the effort,or the cost.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53100445710230/k2311a0410/4.10.06