Metformin  » Medicine  »
  • With constant monitoring of my blood glucose, I was able to make an accurate observation that it is really fast acting

• by lipsticknladdles

My doctor was unsure if the Diabetes that I have is really Type 1. There are test to make sure of this but it is expensive and it may not be really worth. Type 1 Diabetics no longer produces insulin in their bodies, so the treatment of choice has always been to supply synthetic insulin thru everyday shots.

I asked my doctor if it is possible for me to combine oral medication while simultaneously lowering the insulin units that I

inject everyday. He was open to the idea.

He prescribed METFORMIN. With constant monitoring of my blood glucose, I was able to make an accurate observation that it is really fast acting.

I take it with my breakfast and when I check my blood glucose levels 2 hours after, I get 120-130 mg/dL on the average. This is quite a good reading for me because I used to get 170 mg/dL and above on the average without the metformin.

...

• Another good thing about using this medication based on a recent research that I made, is that it used by Obstetrician & Gynecologist to treat Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. Through its effect on hormone production, menstruation is regulated.

In some women, combining metformin with provera and clomid ( fertility drugs) can deal with infertility issues. This is my long-term goal right after I have a normal A1C levels for at least a year.

So using metformin is like

shooting two birds with one stone. I get to control my glucose levels and regulate my menstruation at the same time.

I am still hoping that in my succeeding check-ups, metformin, my bolus insulin, diet and exercise will help me yield good results. I don’t know what its’ long term effect yet but so far, I have not experienced any of its’ side effects such as feeling short of breath, swelling or rapid weight gain, fever, chills, body aches and flu symptoms.

Metformin

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262908456951131/k2311a0829/8.29.08