IBIS Hotel Ledru-Rollin
41/43 avenue Ledru Rollin - 75012 - PARIS - FRANCE
  • I recommend booking online as it is cheaper than getting the room in person
  • We also were quite impressed with the bathroom as it too was very clean (no mould anywhere), large and freshly decorated
  • The hotel has a nice terrace in the back, which we thoroughly enjoyed for relaxing

• by Evita

I had the chance to stay at this hotel with my husband for 2 nights while in Paris in July of 2008.

Generally speaking I was very satisfied with this hotel for European standards and for the value for your money.

PRICE: A night at the hotel costs about 73euros for high season. This is their online price. I recommend booking online as it is cheaper than getting the room in person. For a decent hotel in Paris - this is a great price as I shopped around greatly before I booked this to see

what was available.

ROOM: The rooms are spacious and clean and updated with newer decor. I especially liked this as even though it is an older building, you get a general sense of freshness in the rooms, not a dingy, old feeling. We also were quite impressed with the bathroom as it too was very clean (no mould anywhere), large and freshly decorated.

HOTEL & LOCATION: From the outside the hotel looks quite nice. It is a few story tall, flat, white building and it presents itself well. In terms of location, it is about ...

• a 5 minute walk away from the major train station Gare de Lyon, which is a great plus. However, it is about a 20 minute or so walk from major attractions like the Louvre museum and you need to take the metro to access other highlights like the Eiffel Tower. I liked that it was in a safe area, but this is not a happening area of Paris, hence the good price for a nice hotel.

HOTEL AMENITIES:The hotel does have internet and wifi access, but it is not free. I can understand the

internet on their computer being charged for but the wifi should have been free.

The hotel has a nice terrace in the back, which we thoroughly enjoyed for relaxing.

There is also a bar and a mini-restaurant, but I would not recommend it as the portions are small and way over-priced.

In conclusion if you are looking for a nice, clean, simple hotel to stay in while visiting Paris, then this is a great place. If however, you want to be amidst the happening areas of Paris and/or want luxury, then this is not the place for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22908456911131/k2311a0829/8.29.08