CITIZENS BANK  » Finance  »
0.5
Delaware
  • They let her open it with out a parents signature which I thought was weird
  • I know of another account holder who had deposited a 10,000.00 check into the same bank and it never showed up

• by CinCin
      My daughter decided to open a checking account with Citizens bank. They let her open it with out a parents signature which I thought was weird. I mean isn’t the parent obligated for a child under age? That should have been my first clue.

My daughter would go to the bank and deposit

her check thinking everything was fine. Days even weeks later her account would not show her deposits.

She ended up bouncing a bunch of checks thinking her money was in there. The bank would charge a fee of $75 for each one.

This really had her finances in a mess. I started checking ...

• into it.

This bank is quick to charge fees but slow to update accounts. There fees are really high.

I know of another account holder who had deposited a 10,000 check into the same bank and it never showed up. They had the nerve to bounce all of his checks also.

He had to

bring in his deposit slip to prove he deposited it. How do you loose that much money? Anyway I don’t know if all the branches are the same, but this one has real problems.

My advice is to save all your deposit slips and check up on your account everyday if you bank at this bank.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4290445640530/k2311a049/4.9.06